Hi folks, welcome to my Best Air Purifier and air purifier reviews blog. I’m Angela. With a family of 5 to care for, there are many issues that worry me and one of it is what they are inhaling into their bodies. They are exposed to polluted air each day and when they come home I try to ensure that the house is clean and the air is clear. However, there is only so much I can do because pollen, fur from our pet, dust are constantly flying about, thus I need to have some assistance. This is where an air purifier comes in.
- How To Select The Best Air Purifier?
- Best Air Purifier – Top Picks
- More About Air Purifiers
- Best Air Purifier Blog
How To Select The Best Air Purifier?
From cooling the temperature to freshening up your room; from trapping dust to easing your asthmatic problems, air purifiers are modern appliances of contemporary, healthy living. In short, air purifiers reduce or even eliminate a host of airborne contaminants like dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, bacteria and many more to ensure that every breath you take promotes your physical well-being.
Types of Air Purifiers
- HEPA Air Purifiers – High-Efficiency Particulate Arresting (HEPA) filters trap particles when air is pulled through them. It’s the standard technology in prominent air purifiers.
- Electronic Ionizers – Through reversing the charge of particles in the air, the particles are attracted to collection plates or objects (walls, floors and furniture) in a room. Then these deposited allergens must be vacuumed before they re-enter the air.
- UV Purifiers – UV rays neutralize biological contaminants; however, air purifiers move air too quickly to provide enough exposure time, rendering this purifier to be quite ineffective.
- Ozone Generators – They neutralize odors and chemicals, but not filtering polluters. However, since ozone causes lung problems and is toxic in high level, it’s dangerous for human health. Avoid, unless if you’re looking for an ingenious way of committing suicide.
Guide To The Best Air Purifier
- Size of Room
Clean air delivery unit (CADR) measures the amount of clean air an air purifier releases to a room per minute. Relatively, CADR at 2/3 of the room’s square footage is advisable. More ideally, choose an air purifier that covers a larger area for better cleaning.
- True HEPA Filters
While many air purifiers are said to have the efficiency of HEPA filters, only a few are truly “true.” Therefore, look for the word “true” to make sure that it traps as many particles as true HEPA filters possibly could, that is 99.97%.
Fan sucks air through the filters, making an air purifier more efficient in trapping contaminants and pollutants.
Noise of air purifiers depends on the fan speed chosen. Though a high fan speed circulates air most effectively, you wouldn’t want the purifier to sound as if a train was passing by, or worse, crashing into your room. Consider the noise level which is tolerable to you, especially when you want to use it when you sleep.
- Air-Quality Monitor
High-end models can detect the type and concentration of pollutants and then adjust the fan speeds automatically. Useful when energy saving and intelligence are of you.
- Maintenance Indicators
Clogged filters would themselves become air polluters by delivering contaminants back into circulation. Hence, it’s important to clean, replace or vacuum (conveniently possible for some models) the filters when indicated. If signals aren’t available, go back to the tradition of marking your calendar
To be precise, air purifiers only remove airborne contaminants and thus, are not very effective against the heavier dust mites, which are the main allergen for many people. Experts encourage that to have a clean breeze of air in your room, the most important step is still to remove elements that produce dust and by not smoking indoors.
Best Air Purifier – Air Purifier Reviews
So, what are the best air purifiers in the market?
- Best Air Purifier – Smart air purifier that detects and purifies.
- Best Air Purifier for Dust – Clears allergen and dust efficiently.
- Best Small Air Purifier – Permanent filters for low cost maintenance.
- Best HEPA Air Purifier – Permanent HEPA filter for the busy and budget constricted.
- Best Quiet Air Purifier – Silent operation. Great for light sleepers!
Well, to read more about air purifiers, you can find more reviews in my blog.
More About Air Purifiers
Usually air purifiers are used by people who have allergies or related health conditions but now families are more aware of how bad air affects the health and many are buying the machine for normal use. I resisted buying one because I believed that cleaning my house, keeping the doors and windows shut always would help keep the pollution out. The truth is the environment inside our home could be six times more polluted than the outdoors. If you, like me have an older model of a heating and cooling system, it is likely to not have a modern filter system and as this machine works, it actually brings in outdoor irritants and pollen into the air of the home. Our dog sheds fur continuously, and we also shed skin cells all the time. These dead skin cells are food for dust mites (we feed the enemy!), and dust mites can cause asthma, allergies and skin irritations.
While cleaning the home is a natural act, I found out that cleaning chemicals contain ammonia which is bad for the ozone. Ozone inside could be worse than the ozone layer in the sky. This is because the small area of your home increases the chances for inside ozone to affect your lungs, worsen asthma attacks and may trigger symptoms of lung problems.
After I discovered all these issues, I decided to get the best air purifier for peace of mind. Next, I have the task of picking a suitable air purifier. In my write-up, I hope to break down in parts what I know from asking around and reading about different air-purifier and what to look for in getting a best air purifier.
Best Air Purifier Reviews Blog
To find out more about the latest air purifier reviews, check out my blog here:
Get the best air purifier today and start breathing fresher air!